Everyone has dealt with a property management company at some point in life. Chances are you’ve rented an apartment or condo and worked with that company on everything from getting approved for a lease to maintenance issues and more.
A property management company does more than manage large properties. We also manage individual homes, condos, and more. Keep reading to learn what a property management company is and what one like Ameritex Property Management does to help landlords like you succeed.
What is a Property Management Company?
A property management company deals with potential renters and tenants, so you don’t have to. They deal with all aspects of your rental property from marketing, collecting rent, maintenance issues, tenant complaints, and so much more. The experience of a property management company will bring you peace of mind when renting your property, home, apartment, or condo.
Should You Hire a Property Management Company?
Hiring a property management company isn’t for everyone. Here are some things to consider when hiring one to manage your property, apartment, condo, or home:
- Don’t live near your property. If you don’t live close to your property, this is a no-brainer. You need someone who can be on-site if something comes up, especially in the event of an emergency.
- Not interested in managing tenants. Maybe you’re not a people person. We know you have better things to do with your time. Letting a property management company deal with tenants, so you don’t have to will save you from the stress of those interactions.
- You own multiple units. Managing more than one unit or rental can drive you crazy, especially if you must rent them out at different times.
- No time to keep up on things. You have a job. Maybe you like to travel. If you don’t have the time to take care of your rental and the tenants living there, you could lose out on income and miss out on issues that need to be taken care of ASAP.
- Can’t do maintenance work. If you’re not handy, you may run into costly issues paying contractors to take care of repairs for your property.
These aren’t all the reasons you should consider a property management company but some of the big ones you need to think about.
A property management company will make it much smoother to collect an income from your rental and ensure all the little things that need to be done as a landlord get cared for with ease.
Want to understand a little more about what a property management company like Ameritex Property Management can do for you? Check out our FAQs here.
Top 5 Ways a Property Management Company Makes Your Life Easier
One of the best things about hiring Ameritex Property Management is that we’ll manage the day-to-day, so you don’t have to. You don’t have to worry about your property anymore. That’s our job.
Here are some of the top ways a property management company will make your life easier:
- Market, market, market. One of the hardest things to do when managing a rental is finding the right tenant to fill a vacancy. We will market your property and fill it with a responsible, reliable tenant who pays the rent and takes care of the unit.
- Understands the ins and outs of local law. We know landlord and tenant laws and regulations. If you don’t, and something goes awry, you could be on the hook without even realizing it. Don’t let the law surprise you and cost you your rental investment.
- Control and manage maintenance and repairs. You need to keep your rental unit in tip-top shape and deal with tenant requests simultaneously. A property management company will manage these requests, perform preventative maintenance, and keep costs lower than trying to do it yourself.
- Collect rent and handle late payments. We’ll handle collecting deposits, rent, late fees, and more. If a tenant is behind on rent, we’ll take care of the situation, so you don’t have to. You’ll avoid awkward conversations, non-responsive tenants, and demanding situations that require tact and professionalism.
- Give you peace of mind. Ameritex Property Management takes what we do seriously. We understand you trust us to help you manage your property. We’ll give you the peace of mind that all your legal responsibilities are cared for when you hire us.
How to Choose a Property Management Company
When you’re ready to choose a property management company, it’s time to start researching:
- Our first recommendation is to ask your family, friends, and colleagues who rent properties if they are doing it themselves or if they’ve chosen a company. Referrals are one of the best ways to find a great company to manage your property.
- If that’s a dead-end, consider looking at the Institute of Real Estate Management’s Membership Directory of the National Association of Residential Property Managers. These professional directories can help you find a local property management company where your rental is.
- From there, searching online in the area your rental is can yield more hyper-local property management companies to work with.
Once you’ve narrowed down a list of three to five companies, reach out to them, ask questions, listen to their pitch, and start narrowing down who you want to work with.
Don’t go with the first company you talk to. It’s essential to build trust and make sure you feel good about the company you choose – after all, they’ll be managing a financial asset you’ve spent a considerable amount of your money on.
The most important things to consider at this stage are the costs of working with them and how you feel they’re answering questions. A legitimate property management company with your best interests at heart will answer your questions without you prodding them for more information.
Why Ameritex Property Management is Your Solution
If you’re looking for a Dallas/Fort Worth property management company, Ameritex Property Management is your trusted partner. We understand the ins and outs of Texas real estate law and how to fill vacancies in The Lonestar State.
When you work with us, we’ll handle everything you need for a successful rental, including marketing your property or unit, handling rent and fees, as well as making sure your rental is always well-maintained.
Contact Ameritex Property Management today to find out how we will manage your rental property or unit. We’re here to help you navigate the complexities of the rental market, ensure you’re making income from your property, and show you why hiring us was one of the best choices you’ve ever made.